Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dailly assignment: A Busy Job

Topic: A Busy Job

Many people like eating at the restaurant but, they don't really know how restaurant job is. When I was still back home in my country, I decided to apply for a temporal job in " Gare Routiere Restaurant de l'avenir". A was still a high school student and during that holiday, I wanted to work to reduce the spending make by my parents in my school supplies and tuition. I had never worked in the restaurant before. Just as I was hired, I was asked to wash the dishes but I strongly refused, preferring to quit instead to work as a dishes washer. They proposed me the second position which was serving meal to customers. I accepted and gradually, they taught me how to proceed. The restaurant served dinner from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00p.m, but my shift was from 5 :00p.m to 12:00 a.m. I got to work a few minutes before 5:00p.m. After i clocked in, I started finding napkins. Sometimes I had to help set silverware on the tables., but sometimes someone else had to take care to that task. Although we opened at 5:00, some customers hardly show up till around 6;00 or 7:00. For the rest of the evening, my job consisted of greeting customers who were sitting in my section. I explained things that were in the menu, took people's order for drink and food. Also I had to make sure that customers had all what they needed. Almost all customers appreciated my service because I was good at anticipating all what people wanted before they asked me. The negative aspect of that work was dealing with rude or difficult customers but that was part of everyone job that deals with the public. We stopped serving food from the kitchen at 10:00, but some customers did not leave until 11:00. I have to stay until midnight to clean up then organize some things for the next day. My job as a server was not nice because not only it was boring but also the salary was too little.
Written by David Lateu

No comments:

Post a Comment