Saturday, October 17, 2009

Daily assignment: The cosequences of Buying a Used Car

Topic: The Consequences of Buying a Used Car

For many people, buying a used car is sometimes a little turkey because it is less expensive but I had that sad experience when I bought my first car. Before I had heard many things both good or bad about buying a used car, but I never though that it could happen to me.
My friend's brother was selling the used car that he had been driven for fifteen years. While advertising it, he reassured me that his car was in perfect conditions. He stated that he was selling it just because he wanted to buy the biggest one that could carry all his family. I made an agreement with him and we went home to see the car and took it for a test drive. The car seemed fine but of course I took it to a car shop to have a professional mechanic look it over and renew the painting. As he told me that the car seemed fine, I paid $3,500 cash for the car. Unfortunately, two months after, the car stopped starting. I went to the mechanic and paid $250 for the electric distributor changing. After one week, the steering and the front wheels started shaking. So, I spent one more time $700. I was so nervous and started finding somebody who could buy that boring car, But I didn't get anybody. The worst occurred when the engine started making an unusual noise, releasing to much smoke, and finally stopped running. I explained to the owner, but he didn't want to listen to me. I had to pay another $2, 000 to have a new engine installed. Therefore my used car ended up coasting me almost $6,500.
Since that day I discovered that buying a used car was synonym of playing the lottery and I took the resolution to no longer buy used things.
Written by David Lateu

No comments:

Post a Comment