Monday, November 23, 2009

Dailly assignment : Diffficulties to Learn a foreign Language

Topic : Difficulties to Learn a Foreign Language

Learning to speak fluently and without any accent a foreign language can be a difficult experience. Although in many educational system, students spend many years studying grammatical rules, they don't have much chance to speak. Arriving in a new country can be a frustrate experience. Even though they may read and write very well, they often find difficulties to understand what people say to them and also people can't get easily what they say. English language is specially difficult because the pronunciation of words is not clearly shown by how they are written. They have major problems in listening, speaking, thinking , and responding in another language at the natural speed. It always takes much time and a lot of practice. When I reached in the USA, I thought that since I learned English for three years in my country, I may not suppose to have much communication problems, but I was quite wrong. When I spoke, people didn't understand what I said and I had such problems to get what people said to me. Therefore I decided return to school. I started taking English non credit classes, then credit classes, and now English 1301 class. Many new learners sometimes have difficulties in speaking because some think that people may laugh at them because of their accent. Anyway, everybody has an accent. Even speaking with mistakes a student gradually could correct its faults before becoming able to speak fluently. Also, listening to the radio, watching television news and movies constitute the real tools to master the learning of a new language.


Written by David Lateu

No comments:

Post a Comment