Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dailly assignment: A Terrible Apartment Where I Live

Topic: A Terrible Apartment Where I Live

Since my contract with my old apartment ended, I moved to the new one expecting to be free because the old one was too noisy and also my neighbors may be were robbers. As I moved in hurry, I didn't check all the environment and the conditions of the new one. In fact, my new apartment is in a terrible location. First of all, it is too far away from the important stores and services. It is several miles from a grocery store, back, post office, library, pharmacy, and the worst is the distance between it and my school and the company where I work. To make matter worse, there is no convenient public transportation in my neighborhood. The bus line near my apartment runs only one bus an hour and has limited route. If you are not there by the time it stops, you will have to wait an extra hour and you will probably be late. Almost everywhere I need to go involves changing buses and it takes me a lot of time. Furthermore, my apartment is in a high crime area. Gangs of teenagers roam the street, threatening the neighbors. Last month alone, eight robberies took place on our block. The elderly woman who lives next door had her purse snatched while she was walking the dog. Almost every month about four cars windows are broken and precious equipment inside it like CD deck or radio appliances are taken away. Sometimes, the car itself is stolen. Last week in the night, my neighbor lost the new car that he had just bought. Finally, because my apartment is near an industrial area, the pollution is awful. A nearby chemical plant causes so much smog that it is often hard for me to breathe. I agree with people who say that when you are looking for an apartment, location is the first important thing.
Written by David Lateu

No comments:

Post a Comment